Mini-splits have many benefits, including their small size, energy efficiency, and ability to be used in various settings. However, some potential problems can occur with mini-split units. For more information, call us at (818) 415-8966 for HVAC repair in Glendale, CA, and surrounding areas.
Here are 7 common problems with mini-split units and how to resolve them:
- Not enough cooling or heating power: Mini split units are designed to provide cooling and heating, but sometimes they need more power for larger rooms or buildings. If your unit does not provide enough cooling or heating power, try increasing the airflow and temperature settings. You may also need to install additional mini splits to sufficiently heat or cool the space.
- Poor air circulation: If your mini split unit isn’t circulating air well, there are a few potential causes. First, ensure that all the room vents are open and not blocked by furniture or other objects. Second, inspect the ductwork to see if there are any leaks. If you are still unable to find the issue and solve it, Evans Heating & Air is here to help.
- Frozen coils: Frozen coils are a common issue. It can occur due to a lack of airflow or insufficient refrigerant levels. Ensure that nothing is blocking your mini split unit’s air intake or exhaust vent, as these are essential for proper functioning. If there isn’t an issue with air movement, you’ll want to ensure that the refrigerant levels are where they should be. If there is an issue with either of these aspects, contact our specialist in Glendale, CA.
- Thermostat issues: If your mini split unit isn’t responding to the thermostat, there may be an issue with the thermostat itself. First, check to ensure that the batteries are working and that the thermostat is set to the correct temperature. You may need to replace the thermostat if the problem still persists.
- Leaking water: Leaking water can be caused by various factors, including a dirty air filter, a clogged drain line, or a faulty condensate pump. To fix this problem, you’ll need to clean or replace the air filter, clear the drain line, and replace the condensate pump.
- Strange sounds: Strange sounds could be due to several factors. Initially, check if anything is blocking the fan. Second, ensure that all of the bolts are correctly tightened. Third, inspect the ductwork for any leaks. If the problem persists, you can call us for AC repair in Glendale, CA.
- High utility bills: High utility bills are often due to mini-split units being used incorrectly or improperly maintained. To avoid this problem, ensure that you’re using your mini split unit correctly and regularly changing the air filter and cleaning the coils.
If you’re looking for mini-split units in Glendale, CA, Evans Heating & Air is the right place. We’re experts in mini split units and can provide you with the best possible service. Give us a call today.
Evans Heating & Air For Various Mini-Split Problems
At Evans Heating & Air, we have been providing mini-split repair services for years. Our experienced and licensed technicians can diagnose and fix any mini-split unit issues you may be experiencing. We also provide mini-split installation and maintenance services. We specialize in mini-split units, HVAC, and AC repair services for residences and businesses. Our technicians are available 24/7 and ensure they provide 100% customer satisfaction.