AC Replacement In Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena, CA, And Surrounding Areas
When it comes to AC replacement in Glendale, CA, Burbank, Pasadena, CA, and the surrounding areas, it’s always best to research in advance and get a second opinion. This is because air conditioner replacements are very considerable investments, and some folks may want to squeeze all the value they can get out of their old system before moving on to a new one.
If you think you fall into this category, you better give Evans Heating & Air a call for a quick inspection. One of our qualified team members will come to your place and perform a status check on your old cooling unit. We will examine all the individual mechanical components to rule out whether or not you can save the day with some maintenance and repairs or whether you’d be better off replacing the whole unit. We take great pride in our work and always do honest business because our names precede us. If it can be brought back to complete working order, we will do just that. You can trust our professional opinion because we are always transparent with our practices.
We can’t imagine our lives without air conditioning during summertime. Problems can arise if you don’t follow through with the proper maintenance. As a result, your air conditioner may need some repairs.
Most of the time, when your air conditioner breaks down is when you need it the most. So, if your air conditioner isn’t cooling your home and requires a replacement, it’s time to call for HVAC repair in Glendale.
Convincing Reasons For Replacing Your Air Conditioner
- Too Many Repairs: Repairing an air conditioner might be bothersome, but it can get pricey if you have to do it all the time. You may need to get your air conditioner serviced even if you have an experienced HVAC provider. If the cost of fixing your air conditioner exceeds the amount you set, you may need to get a new one.
- Aging System: You should expect your unit to last at least ten years. There is a 10-to-15-year life expectancy for a typical AC unit. Your air conditioner may take longer to cool your home on moderately hot days and struggle in the high summer heat. If your system is acting up, consider replacing it.
- Bad Air Quality: Allergies and respiratory problems are linked to poor air quality. Your aging temperature control system may be causing respiratory problems in everybody who uses it.
- Low Energy Efficiency: The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) of your air conditioning unit may contribute to your high energy expenditures. Higher SEER ratings equate to lower energy consumption. If your utility expenses are excessively high, you may want to consider replacing your AC unit.
What Factors Should I Consider When Choosing A New AC Unit For My Home In Glendale, CA?
When considering the AC replacement in Glendale, CA, there are several factors to consider. These include:
- Size: The size of the AC unit is important as it should be properly sized for your home. An AC unit that is too small will struggle to cool your home, while one that is too big will cycle on and off frequently and waste energy.
- Efficiency: Look for a unit with a high SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating. A higher SEER rating means the unit is more efficient and can save you money on your energy bills.
- Type: There are several types of AC units, including central air conditioning, ductless mini-split systems, and window units. Choose the one that is best suited for your home and budget.
- Noise: Consider the noise level of the unit, especially if you plan to install it in a bedroom or other quiet area of your home.
- Brand and Warranty: Research different brands and their warranties. Choose a reputable brand with a solid warranty to ensure you are getting a quality unit.
- Installation: Make sure you choose a licensed and experienced contractor to install your AC unit. Proper installation is essential for the unit to work efficiently and effectively.
By considering these factors, you can choose an AC unit that will keep your home cool and comfortable while also being energy-efficient and cost-effective.
AC Replacement Glendale, Always By Your Side
If you need an AC replacement in Glendale, Burbank, Pasadena, CA, and the surrounding areas, Evans Heating & Air is here to help you through each step of the process. We will assist you in choosing your new AC unit, replacing the air conditioner, and installing it! We can also help you dispose of the old unit.
Call Today To Get Started
If you’d like to get started with your air conditioner repair in Glendale, CA, and the surrounding areas, call Evans Heating & Air today for a repair in Glendale, CA, and nearby areas. Give our team a call, and we can either start the process right away or schedule an appointment at a time that suits your busy schedule to discuss all your options. You can reach us by calling (818) 415-8966 today!
Frequently Asked Questions
It is best to replace ductwork with an AC unit because mismatching can cause inefficiency. New ductwork can increase the efficiency of a new AC unit by 15-20%. Additionally, replacing ductwork also saves a few bucks on electricity bills. On average, replace the ductwork around once every ten years. For an AC replacement in Glendale, CA, ductwork installation can cost $1,554 on average.
Replace both the outside and inside parts of an AC, especially in the case of an old one. On the contrary, replacing just the outside AC unit is also an option if an AC is under warranty or new. However, it is to be ensured that the unit is compatible with the existing system to work well.
A capacitor in an AC unit gives an initial energy boost to deliver the required power to the air conditioner’s motor. It is a component present in the heat pump, i.e., the outdoor condensing unit of AC. The condenser initiates and delivers power whenever the air conditioning system needs to be turned on for cooling.
While it might be possible to do so with technical know-how, it is advised to get it done by HVAC experts. The installation of an AC unit is complex and time-taking. It includes balancing ductwork, retrofitting the unit, and the correct output. Messing it up can elevate risks and might cost even more money than installing the AC unit itself.
The lifespan of an AC capacitor depends on various factors like its size, heat exposure, voltage rating, and damage. Yet, the average life expectancy of AC capacitors is around 10 to 20 years. So replace the capacitor if you see signs like a humming sound, less cooling, and problems while turning on your AC.
While this largely depends from case to case, an AC service can take 20 minutes on average. However, wear and tear, gas requirement, dust, and anything impacting the AC badly can extend the time it takes for service. However, an AC replacement in Glendale, CA, can take 4 to 8 hours.
An AC should be serviced at least once every year to ensure proper functioning and efficiency. No matter what company, checking and maintenance through service is significant for any AC. The reason is natural wear and tear with the usage. Dust and other pollutants also get accumulated in the air filters, which require timely inspection.
The cost of installing AC varies from case to case as per location, the capacity of AC, the condition of air ducts, and the type of system, among other factors. However, on average, it ranges from around $3,000-$7,000.